UNDP in Action 2009/2010: Delivering on Commitments
This report takes stock of achievements made in 2009/2010 and provides momentum for meeting future demands. In 2009, in many of the countries where it operates, UNDP continued to experience a high demand for development support in its areas of specialization particularly covering poverty reduction and achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs); democratic governance; crisis prevention and recovery; and environment and sustainable development.
On the verge of the 2010 United Nations Global MDG Summit, 2009 was a year for UNDP to take stock of progress made and to accelerate the work needed to achieve the MDGs by the 2015 deadline. At the same time, the global economic crisis required an urgent response from UNDP, especially in terms of helping countries to identify and protect the most vulnerable.
- A 2009 survey of countries where UNDP provides significant support to national MDG efforts showed that ninety percent had adapted at least one of the MDGs into their national plans.
- By the end of 2009, ninety five percent of countries UNDP Country Offices were compliant with the organization’s security standards, an increase of over 10 percent from 2008.
- Eight Seven UNDP Country Offices supported national governments in crisis prevention and post-crisis contexts, ranging from direct technical and financial support, to policy leadership.
Download this Document
- Full Report (2.6MB)
- Mapping UNDP's Results Around the World (2.3MB)
- Introduction: Making a Real Difference (247KB)
- UNDP in Action: Delivering on Commitments (334 KB)
- Poverty Reduction and the MDGs: Countdown to 2015 (312 KB)
- Democratic Governance: Providing an Enabling Environment (195 KB)
- Crisis Prevention and Recovery: Building Back Better (206 KB)
- Environment and Sustainable Development: Adapting to a New Reality (269 KB)
- UNDP and the UN System: Focusing on Development (126 KB)
- Inside UNDP: Living Up to Internal Commitments (125 KB)
- UNDP Resources (239 KB)