UNDP Regional Centre in Cairo (RCC)
The Regional Centre (RCC) based in Cairo supports 17 countries the Arab States and the occupied Palestinian territory, with a team of 45 in-house professionals in all UNDP practice areas.
The Centre combines policy advisory, technical, capacity development and knowledge management services in a single location, closer to UNDP Country Offices, to enhance productivity, efficiency and accountability and to improve the delivery of results at the country level.
Through the team of Practice Leaders and advisors, the RCC offers support in several forms including:
- Strategic Policy Advice & Advocacy: Helping advocate for development priorities in line with UNDP’s comparative advantage and experience, and providing you and your partners with timely and high-quality strategic advice on policies and programmes to address development challenges;
- Programme Development & Technical Support: Enhancing the quality of UNDP programming through strengthening capacities in your offices in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Capacity Development: Supporting the development of human and institutional capacities of your offices and your partners to respond effectively to major development challenges through the identification of global training material, tools and partners, and the development of custom made training;
- Policy Research & Analysis: Coordinating policy-oriented research, capturing and codifying lessons learnt, and producing reports, policy briefs and research papers to support development work at the country and regional levels;
- Knowledge Services: Collecting, distilling into usable products and disseminating development knowledge and experience from UNDP’s vast global network, providing expert referrals, fostering south-south cooperation and facilitating knowledge transfers and experience sharing between COs and with regional policy and research institutions.
The unprecedented social and political changes in the region - coupled with UNDP’s institutional adaptation articulated the Regional Response Strategy as well as the Agenda for Change – required a re-alignment of the RCC. in 2011. Two multi-disciplinary teams were formed within the RCC to drive priorities of i) democratic governance processes and ii) an enabling environment for inclusive growth.
The “Arab Governance Week” takes stock of the progress made towards democratic transitions from the perspective of social accountability, focusing on the process of re-negotiating the social contract between the citizens and State in the Arab Region. The week will focus specifically on the role of governance evidence and human rights monitoring, particularly the UPR, as mechanisms for enhancing accountability relations. more
A Regional Consultation on Transitional Justice Developments in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region will be jointly organized by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the promotion of truth, justice, reparation and guarantees of non-recurrence (the Special Rapporteur), and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Regional Centre in Cairo. more
Cairo – HE Essam Sharaf, Prime Minister of Egypt and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator, Helen Clark , inaugurated today the "International Forum on Pathways more
- Mid Year Report for 2014 UNDP Regional Centre in Cairo
- Annual Report 2013 UNDP Regional Centre in Cairo
- RCC Brochure 2012
- RCC Annual Report (2011)
- RCC Annual Report (2009)
- RCC Annual Report (2008)