UNDP sign a project with Government to establish capacity development facility in Kingdom of Bahrain
The Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA) representing Government of Bahrain and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have signed a three-year project to jointly establishing a facility for capacity development to assess and enhance productivity in the public sector. Dr. Raed Benshams, Director General of BIPA signed on behalf of the government of Bahrain, while Mr. Sayed Aqa, Resident Representative signed on behalf of UNDP. All Arabic and English local newspapers were presented in the event.
This project aims to enhance the capability of BIPA in serving the public sector by:
- Establishing a Capacity Development Facility at BIPA, and
- Promoting BIPA as the reference point for Quality Assurance in training, consulting and research for government institutions in Bahrain.
This will provide critical and immediate capacity development interventions in policy, management, leadership and institutional reform, in support of sustainable national capacity development within the public sector.
On the occasion, RR Mr. Aqa explained that BIPA has strong capacity in quality assurance and plans to establish expertise in capacity development.”The Capacity Development Facility will identify capacity gaps in Public Sector Organizations and provide a coherent approach to solving them. Relevant competencies will be built through training and related technical cooperation services”.
From his side, Dr. Benshams, Director General of BIPA said that “This joint project between BIPA and UNDP is the continuation of a long lasting relationship that supported in 2006 the launching of an advanced e-training programme, which is being further developed into a regional centre that produces e-training content and material in Arabic for the public sector”.
- 06 Apr 2016:Helen Clark: Opening Remarks at Ministerial Conference on Implementation of the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda in Arab Countries Social Dimensions
- 17 Jun 2015:Youth innovate to address development challenges in the Arab region
- 05 May 2015:Remarks of Dr. Sima Bahous: The Second Session of the High-Level Arab Forum on Sustainable Development