Regional Youth Volunteering Forum
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme
Date: 29 & 30 April 2014
Location: Marrakesh, Morocco
UNV is organizing the first Regional Youth Volunteering Forum in Marrakesh, Morocco, in April 2014. The Forum will bring together the three key youth volunteering stakeholders, youth, governments and CSOs, to facilitate dialogues, the exchange of knowledge and sharing of best practices to gain a better understanding of the role of youth volunteerism in socio-economic development and participatory governance. The Forum will cover the following key themes: 1) strengthening institutional frameworks; 2) volunteer management, and; 3) youth volunteering mechanisms. Additional discussions will focus on identified challenges impeding active participation of youth in development and will include recommendations from experts on the best way to jointly address these issues.
Following the spirit of the UN’s System-Wide Action Plan on Youth, this activity will be held in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the Belgian government, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Regional Center of Cairo and UNDP Morocco. Other key participants will include other UN agencies, representatives of the private sector and media from the region and beyond.
The main objective of the forum is to convene the three key regional project stakeholders (governments, CSOs and youth) from the five target countries and beyond, to dialogue on strengthening the institutional frameworks for youth volunteerism, volunteer management and youth volunteering mechanisms.
The following are expected results of the forum:
- Knowledge sharing facilitated on best practices and lessons learned to highlight challenges at the national and regional level that hinder the active engagement of youth volunteers in development;
- Networking and partnerships strengthened among the regional and international participants;
- Future pragmatic interventions articulated to enhance the promotion of youth volunteerism, and set the foundations for future regional forums.
In addition to youth, civil society organizations (CSOs), public sector partners, media, UN Agency and Government representatives, confirmed notable guests will attend. This event will gather some 100 youth, youth experts, stakeholders. Approximately 60 of these will be from the five project countries, with the remaining 40 participants coming from the region and beyond to share their best practices and lessons learned.
The methodology will ensure an enabling environment for active participation and open dialogue among the participants, including youth and women. Arabic, French and English will be the working languages during the Forum, with simultaneous interpretation provided in all three languages.
Related ProjectUN Volunteers
- مساعدة وخدمة الآخرين من الأعمال الحميدة للرقي بالمجتمع والإهتمام بشئونه. شباب من المغرب يضربون أروع الأمثلة في التضحية بـوقتهم للنهوض بالمجتمع. المصدر: UNV Youth Volunteering in Arab States - شباب متطوع في الوطن العربي 12 May AT 09:23 AM
- #الصرخيُّ: #صراعاتٌ #أمريكيةُ و #ايرانيةُ و #سعوديةٌ للظفرِ #بخيراتِ_العراقِ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAUFeeJYCA&feature=youtu.be 21 April AT 10:58 PM
- UNV is advertising the position as National UNV Administrative Assistant in Amman, Jordan! Application deadline: 24 April. 17 April AT 07:50 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook