Youth Action for Agenda 2030
Youth Leadership Programme 2: Innovation for SDGs - December 2016
Date: 14-19 December 2016
Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait
The Ministry of Youth in Kuwait is in partnership with the UNDP Kuwait and the UNDP RBAS. Both programs will convene the regional workshop on “Youth Action for the 2030 Agenda” in the Arab region, from the 14th of November until the 19th of December 2016.The regional workshop will be assembled in partnership with the UN Women Regional Office for the Arab States and the Office of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth. The Regional Director of the Regional Bureau of the Arab States and the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, are expected to take part in the workshop. In addition, inspirational speakers, will offer participants a memorable experience and contribute to their personal and professional development. UNDP will ensure that panels and sessions are gender balanced.
II. The main objectives of the regional workshop are:
1) improving the understanding of leadership as a concept and tool for both young women and men, in order to acquire gender equal, sustainable and innovative solutions facing challenges in their communities
2) building effective capacities among both young women and men in order to lead as SDGs ambassadors
3) forging networks among both young men and women in order to exchange knowledge, stories, resources and skills
4) strengthening the initiatives and ideas of both the young women and men to implement, advocate and act on the 2030 agenda
5) Documenting and capturing youth leadership knowledge and stories on the 2030 agenda.
III. Main Themes covered
The regional workshop will invest in empowering young women and men, as partners and champions for the SDGs across the Arab region. Recognizing that youth knowledge and creativity is essential to realizing the development goals, the workshop will use creative approaches to offer a learning environment to discuss in detail the 2030 agenda. The regional workshop will address sustainable development challenges in four prioritized thematic areas: Gender Equality, Good Governance, Social Cohesion, and Economic Empowerment.
The workshop will offer youth a variety of ways to engage and interact: e.g., focused and analytical plenary sessions, hands-on working sessions, and in-depth technical sessions to ensure that youth are aware and ready to take action.