Date: 3-5 October 2018
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
The Regional Dialogue on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Asia & the Arab States, which is co-organised by the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Secretariat of UN Climate Change (UNFCCC), in coordination with the NDC Partnership, seeks to advance the exchange of knowledge and ideas on the implementation of country climate targets for the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The conference is hosted in partnership with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Royal Government of Thailand and is made possible through the support from the European Union and the Governments of Germany, Japan and Norway. The Dialogue is part of a series which was launched in 2014 to provide a forum for peer-to-peer exchange on the design of intended NDCs, before transitioning to address issues of NDC implementation.
The Dialogue is part of a series which was launched in 2014 to provide a forum for peer-to-peer exchange on the design of intended NDCs, before transitioning to address issues of NDC implementation.
- Exchange emerging good practice and experiences on how countries are aligning NDC and SDG processes;
- Identify approaches / strategies / ideas for raising ambition and identify NDC implementation processes that support long-term development strategies, the adaptation-mitigation nexus and climate resilience;
- Identify priorities and action points to move NDC implementation forward;
- Improve understanding of financial tools, private sector incentives, and investment drivers;
- Identify solutions and practical approaches to address barriers to climate finance; and investments in clean energy;
- Identify appetite for ongoing regional conversation and leadership to drive forward;
- Introduce gender considerations for NDC implementation and investments in the energy sector.